background

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Long Time No Post

Where oh, where to start!
We have had so much going on since Christmas! Brad had an out of the blue last minute meeting in the panhandle so I took a day and half off (it might come back to bite me, I only get 10 a year) and we loaded up the little one and drove 7 hours. Brooklyn was so awesome the entire trip. She behaved the best she has ever. It was like she knew she needed to. Brad and I had a great time being like the us before the love of our life joined us. That was like the first time she joined us with our lives and we were not conforming to hers!

After that we spent a lot of time trying to get our little angel back on a routine after a long 2 weeks or more of being off. Not easy and about killed mom and dad! After that princess got her first sickness that was not ear related. She spent an entire weekend eating and not drinking or drinking and not eating! I was worried but she acted fine. I took her to the sitter and checked up on her every hour or so. It was MLK so I had to work-no kids, just teachers, Brad was at home replacing bad boards on the house. I was told she had a loose diaper but was fine. I left for lunch to meet Brad and checked again. I was told she was fine and was eating her favorite food (Walmart popcorn chicken, or chicken as she calls it). The sitter was at Walmart. Not five minutes later she calls and says Brooklyn threw up all over her car!!!!

So, let remember... Brad is off, but so are the boards to the house!! Sick baby, rain in the forcast!! I had to take a 1/2 day!! Brad was suppose to stay home with her the next day. Daycare and school setting rule states 24 hour fever, vomit and runny diaper free before returning... (NO ERICA it wasn't me) Brooklyn had a couple more runny diapers but no more vomit. Brad backed out at the last minute. I had no choice but to make the sitter mad and take her. It was preschool day so Brooklyn went. I was told as she as she blew from either end she was gone. Preschool is only 2 minutes from Brad's work. Poor little one made it to about 12:00 before the runny diaper. Brad brought her home and I had her again on Wed. Brad went to the dr. on Wednesday with a 102 temp coughing like 60 year old smoker. He was so sick he got 5 meds from the dr for an upper resp. infect. So he was up all night coughing and at home on Thursday with Brooklyn by himself. I had long day. I am on the comittee at work that host a scholarship dinner. I get a call 45 minutes into the dinner. Brad has been bathroom sick for an hour and poor sick Brooklyn had to go get his phone for him to call me so that I could come home and save her. Thank goodness on Wed. I called both Grandma's and begged one to come. Brad's mom came. Nana saved the day. Brooklyn was better on Thursday but the sitter's kids 3/4 were now sick!! Brad by the way had a bad reaction to his antibiotic and was not stomach flu! He finally read the warning to his meds on Saturday evening and didn't take anymore and was all better. He had to get another med on Monday!

Other than that, Brooklyn turned 18 months a couple of days ago. She is such a big girl. She is talking up the storm and using lots of sentences. She says things like, "See my daddy shower!" "My daddy sick." "I pooped" The list goes on and on. She can make the sound of every farm animal just about. She can identify by name yellow, black, and blue. She spells her name B-O We are working on the other letters!! She is sort of potty training. She tells us she wants to go potty! I think Spring Break we may give it at try! The dr. was really shocked at all she was doing! She weighed 27.5 lbs and was 87% was 33inches tall 86% and was 90% with her big ol head!!

I don' t have any pictures today. I can't find my cord to down load them. Sorry! Oh, and no time to proof read! Sorry not that I am any good at it anyways!

No comments:

Blog Archive