background

Monday, December 20, 2010

Colorado Trip, The First Few Days!!

We started our trip off by spending like 5 hours at the airport in Houston. Not because of delays but because we were worried about traveling 1 week before Christmas and with a toddler. Brooklyn was awesome. She even took a 2 and a half hour nap at the airport. We finally made it to Denver around 8:00 and to the hotel about 9:00. We had planned on taking Brooklyn to the Denver Zoo Sunday afternoon but the weather was suppose to get bad and there were threats that the road to the mountian would be closed. We loaded up and met Brad's cousin Stephanie for coffee and directions to discounted ski lift tickets.

Me and my girl enjoying our First Starbucks moment. A mocha for me and a hot chocolate for her.
The girls outside of Starbucks!

Group shot of us all!


This morning on our way to the mountain.


She has so much fun in the snow. She loves it. She kept saying, "I need to play with the snow!"



Laying in the pile of snow!







Face shot.








Grabbing a snow ball. Brad's dad showed her how to pick it up and throw it at people!






Trying to get daddy!

I have my skis ready but I did not go today. Brooklyn was alittle altitude sick last night and is still not 100%. Brad's mom wanted to take lessons today, so since there is a blizzard on the mountain today, I passed on Papaw babysitting!! Go easy on me people, it has been 8 years or more since I have skiied last. I don't think blizzard conditions are best for me to get my feet wet again!
I did take Brooklyn to the mountain. She refused to wear a hat so I let her pick out a hat. She choose a moose one. She has good taste I guess because it cost 30 dollars. She didn't want to walk. She tried to strip out of her bib at Starbucks. She through fit because she wanted to skate(what she calls skiing) with daddy. He told her we would find a small hill for her and she said, "No, I not skate a little hill, I skate a big mountian with you." I don't think we will have trouble with her and sports.
Tonight we are going on a horse drawn sleigh ride into moose breeding grounds. We will see how that goes!!







No comments:

Blog Archive